Module 1: International Forensic examinations
This module will provide students with an overview of Forensic Science provision across Europe and other areas of the world whilst introducing the approaches used in the analysis of different evidence types in different European countries. Similarities and differences in forensic analysis and interpretation between different countries will be highlighted and international case studies will be used to demonstrate practices across Europe and beyond. This module will include 7 different topics:
- Forensic science provision across Europe;
- European standards in forensic science;
- European approaches in impression evidence;
- International investigations of firearm incidents;
- European approaches in biological evidence;
- Forensic case examination across borders;
- Disaster victim identification around the world.
Please click here for the module descriptor of module 1.